Under the same funding, secondary and college students on were trained on HIV/AIDS prevention and control. Hence they acquired understanding and skills of making informed decision in regards to avoid HIV/AIDS.
6: KASODEFO has carried out a research work on "Maswa town culture, Barmaids’ knowledge of HIV/AIDS and the justifications they give for having sex with multiple customers”. This study has reveled the risky what the Barmaids have basing on the increase of new HIV infection in Maswa district. Most of the Barmaids are unconscious of the risk and possibility of getting HIV when they have unsafe sex (i.e. without taking protection measures) with multiple customers in the bars and lodges they are working.
7: HIV/AIDS PROGRAMME
8: ORGANIZATION DEVELOPMENT TRAINING
KASODEFO has succeeded to attend the Organization Development (OD) training held at Mbezi Garden Hotel (Dar es salaam) commenced on 18th to 22nd Nov 2013. This training is conducted by The Foundation for Civil Society (FCS) in collaboration with the Tanzania Council for Social Development (TACOSODE).
The Executive Director with other trainees at Mbezi Garden Hotel (Tuesday, Nov 19 2013) attending OD training
The Executive Director of KASODEFO with other trainees and officers from Tanzania Council for Social development (TACOSODE) at Mbezi Garden Hotel (in front of The Conference hall, Nov 21st)
KASODEFO has launched the promotion of human rights in Maswa district by integrating youth to champion and participate in promotion of human rights. The project started by involving and integrating secondary school students and later on to youth out of school.
Currently, the Executive Committee is visiting secondary schools to conduct discussions and debates on human rights and forming "Youth for Human Rights Groups"
KASODEFO has been qualified to attend project coordination training commenced on 23-27/09/2013 (DODOMA, New Dodoma hotel ) and eventually to receive capacity building grant from the Foundation for Civil Society (FCS).
- The president has given more power and authority hence should be reduced.
- There should a full article concerning demands and welfare of the youths.
- The head of Justice i.e. the Chief Justice (one of the pillars of the government) should not be appointed by the president
- There should be a limit for the number of the ministries of the government
- The constitution should change the philosophy of the nation because it is no longer "Socialism and self reliance"
- All religious matters should be left to the religion concern and the government should continue to be secular
- Education system of the country should be stated by the constitution so as to control the prevailing tendency of frequently changing of education syllabuses in the country.
- All contract deals with exploitation of the national natural resources should pass to the parliament for approval
- There should be the constitutional measures upon the irresponsible citizens representatives like Members of parliament.
- The constitution should set the limit of the national debt, etc.
3. Market potentiality for entrepreneurship business in Maswa district
4. Impact of gender based violence, discrimination and segregation in Maswa pastoral society.